Chain Saw training is an advanced training for Early Response Team members. A special credential will be issued by the Conference Disaster Response Committee to participants who successfully complete the training.
Click Here to register for Chain Saw Training
Participants will be expected to provide their own steel toed shoes and approved gloves. The cost of training will include the purchase of an approved chainsaw helmet, which will be provided at the time of training. The Conference will provide chaps as well as saws and other equipment. Registration is open but priority will be given to those who have current ERT credentials. Those with out-of-date credentials or who have not yet taken ERT training will be accepted on a space available basis but will not receive chain saw credentials until they receive current ERT Credentials.
Rio Texas Conference Chain Saw Protocols
Chain Saw Certification is done by the Rio Texas Conference. The following protocols are established relative to chain saw operation by Early Response Teams.
- Only certified chain saw operators may operate chain saws.
- A current ERT Badge is required in order to be certified as a chain saw operator.
- Chain saw operators must be at least 18 years old. (This is the minimum age for ERT members.)
- Chain saw operators must complete the conference chain saw training including the following elements:
a. Classroom instruction in chain saw safety, maintenance, operation and cutting
b. Field demonstrations of chainsaw operation and cutting procedures by qualified instructors.
c. Hands on instruction for volunteers in chainsaw operation and cutting procedures.
- Operators must use all personal protective equipment including helmet, ear protection, eye protection, steel toed shoes, protective chaps, and approved gloves when operating a chain saw.
- Only Conference owned or approved chain saws may be used.
- A Permission to Enter Property and Liability Waiver must be signed by the property owner before a chain saw crew can work on a site.
- Each chain saw operator must sign a Liability Waiver before deploying on a chain saw team.
- Each chain saw crew must have a designated safety officer who will monitor safety procedures on the work site.
- Chain saw crews must abide by all ERT protocols adopted by the Conference Disaster Response Committee.